On Little Joys and TV

The main objective (although not consciously set) of my blog when I was a teen was to record everything from silly ides to time passing to any art piece in any form that I got in contact with and that touched me in some way.

So, here I am, blogging at work. Never thought this would happen. But I just read an article on Brain Pickings - Hermann Hesse on Little Joys, Breaking the Trance of Busyness, and the Most Important Habit for Living with Presence and it did made me see clearer this idea of constant seeking to be entertained and forgetting to stop and enjoy the little things and that there is a difference between things that bring joy and things that just entertain.

I am a big consumer of media and last year I was spending a lot of my time watching every show and every new episode every single day. But then I stopped and now I am paying more attention to not only what I watch but how I watch... I did not give up any shows and while I am behind on a lot of them, I plan on catching up but at my own pace, that I set and control (not that anyone made me watch shows the way I did last year). And now the entertainment is also joy, not just TV... And sometimes watching an episode each day brings more joy than binge-watching the entire show in a weekend.

That being said, I still have a lot of work to do on doing what I want to do when I want to and not waiting for the right time or something like that. But until I master that, I will pay more attention to what brings me joy and, you know, stop to smell the flowers.

Popular posts from this blog

On Happiness and Other Demons

Present Day Goals

Otaku Sunday: Spring is Here (Kinda)