TBR: February 2017

Last month's TBR was made from books I wanted to read and then I ended up buying some of them and that made me really happy - as some of them I really wanted to add to my collection. This month I decided to do the same, but first buy the books so I would have one of those huge TBR pile! Alas, I purchased the books but they did not arrive yet and the shop is not answering my emails (malparidos!!), so here's a small pile:

This is going to be a huge TBR as well, maybe even longer, and we have physical copies, ebooks (mostly free from Project Gutenberg) and a lot of audio-books. But let's start with the book-books, whether they are in my possession or not:


Now, on the digital part of my TBR... let's start with the monthly free Samsung book (more info in my previous TBR). This time I picked a thriller, but to be honest I was not too excited over the selection, which is why I ended up with Plea of Insanity by Jilliane Hoffman (the other options were an Oliver Twist fan-fiction, a sad romance I was not in the mood for, and a hot and naked historical fiction novel set in Egypt). The other ebooks (both free from Project Gutenberg) are:


Speaking of Shakespeare, this month I should start and finish Henry VI, part 2 and Henry VI, part 3 - and if they are half as fun as the first part, then I will probably enjoy them. Then I will take a short break to read Titus Andronicus, and then I will return to Richard III, but this one is to be finished in March. 

Because in February I work two weekends - and in the weekends we do not take calls, then I will have a plethora of time to work while enjoying some audio-books:

  • The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher - which I have already started in January. I had to get this book after Fisher's sudden death in December. She reads it, which is how I prefer to listen to all my memoir audio-books.
  • Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick - speaking of memoir, I finally picked up this memoir, although I do not know a lot about Kendrick (or her work), but I was in the same position with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, and after listening to their memoirs, then I started looking for their works!
  • I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou - last memoir on my list, I think. I had Maya Angelou on my to-read-list for such a long time, that I am ashamed to say this is going to be the first piece I read from her.
  • Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult - I heard many great things about this book and while it's not on the top of my TBR, I want to read it/ listen to it if I get the chance.
  • Missing Pieces by Heather Gudenkauf - because sometimes I just need to listen to a gripping thriller while I work - hopefully this is exactly what I am looking for, but I guess we'll see at the end of the month.

And this is it, for now. I do not really have a preview for March because I have yet to make an idea with what I would want to read. First, let's get through all of the books on this list, right?

Have a great reading month!

Popular posts from this blog

On Happiness and Other Demons

Present Day Goals

Otaku Sunday: Spring is Here (Kinda)