Book Haul || Okian #1

I got more books, mostly for my February TBR. Unlike last time, these were ordered from Okian, an online book shop with a lot of affordable books in English. They take their time to reply to you, but it's all worth it when the books arrive on a crappy day and at least make you a little bit happy. And here's what I got:

The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury, one of the books on this month's TBR - that I will hopefully read until the end of the month. I love the cover and I cannot wait to read it - especially now with the discovery of  the seven Earth-like exoplanets. How fitting to read about life on Mars or life on one of those planets. Plus I love Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451.

The Reptile Room by Lemony Snicket, the second volume in A Series of Unfortunate Events. Remember when I said I will add all the series to my collection? Instead of buying them all at once, I will get them in order and make sure I read it before adding them to my bookcase! I am somewhat excited about this one, although I dread the ending!!

The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne, one of the classics I wish to read this month - and hopefully will although the month is almost over. Anyway, this is one book I wanted to read for a long time (ever since I saw Easy A) and even if I don't finish it this month, at least I am happy that I have it in my collection to pick it up whenever I want.

The Island of Doctor Moreau by H.G. Wells is the impulse-buy from this order - one of the last books I read last year was The Time Machine by Wells and I really enjoyed it!! Granted, I do have another Wells book waiting for me, but I was watching Orphan Black and the book was in the show and I just had to buy it, you know? Like it never happens to you!

Second haul of 2017 (when I purchase The Bad Beginning on its own does not count as a proper book haul) is pretty excited - although I have yet to finish any of the books purchased in January (apart from The Bad Beginning, now I regret not counting it as a haul).

Popular posts from this blog

On Happiness and Other Demons

Present Day Goals